Ion E-Pact Elbow Protection
Have you ever gone for a downhill ride and kept your arms straight? Neither has ION. That is why ION designed the E-Pact with a pre-shaped, almost 90° angle to reduce fatigue and provide a wrinkle-free fit. ION knows about the pros and cons of visco elastic foams. But freedom of movement is the most important function an elbow guard needs to offer. So ION went back and integrated the simple but unmatched hard cap in combination with high quality memory foam padding for optimal protection and comfort. Updated sleeve construction using very breathable Super_Perforator_Neoprene.
- 3D-shaped Ionic_Fit: The human body is neither cylindrical nor symmetrical. Thus, you have to forget about flat 2D patterns. ION uses their expertise in tailoring body-fitting wetsuits to shape anatomic fitting pads for a natural riding position.
- Power_Aramid: Power_Aramid is a synthetic fiber originally developed by DuPont. Today it’s used for a range of applications from bulletproof helmets via tires to bow strings. It offers outstanding tear resistance and tensile strength.
- HD_Memory_Foam with hardcap
- Super_Perforator_Neoprene: Very flexible and robust neoprene with superior breathability. Of course not if compared with a mesh fabric. But for neoprene it is the most breathable one ION used to date.
- Sanitized®: no bacteria, no odor, no mildew - consistent freshness for every ride (active biocidal substance: zinc pyrithione)